symptoms of a cat dying

Although it's almost never certain exactly when a cat will pass away, there are a few signs that might indicate my cat's time is coming closer. i'm confused. My cat haven't been eating well and she's act sluggishly. What are the symptoms of a cat dying?

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Telegram Whatsapp Pocket
May 15, 2020 10:26 PM

It can be incredibly difficult to tell when your cat is sick. It can be even more difficult to determine whether your cat is nearing the end of her life. The signs are never the same, and every cat’s last months, weeks, and even days are different. Maybe you need to take her go see a vet for proper check up.

May 15, 2020 10:28 PM

As your cat ages, her immune system becomes less and less effective. She’s more likely to contract infections, to have trouble recovering from them, or to develop complications. There’s also a good chance she’ll become resistant or sensitive to medications over time. For this reason it’s important to keep your cat’s vaccinations up to date and to ensure she doesn’t come into contact with other cats who may be carrying diseases.

May 15, 2020 10:30 PM

Some of the first signs of the impending passing of your cat are likely to be behavioural. Your cat can’t tell you how she’s feeling, but if something’s amiss you might notice her behaviour change. Maybe she starts hiding more often, as gravely ill cats are known to do, or maybe she becomes particularly clingy. Perhaps she becomes more vocal, or more likely to lash out unprovoked. What’s not important is the behaviour, it’s the change in behaviour that can indicate the beginning of a transition.

May 15, 2020 10:31 PM

I'm sorry about your cat. Dying cats are usually relatively inactive. As your cat’s body finds it harder and harder to use energy efficiently, she’s likely to spend more time sleeping and less time playing. She might find it more difficult to move around your house as normal, and thus generally confine herself to one or two rooms. If your cat is spending more time resting and/or has a harder time rousing when awake, she might be telling you it’s time.

May 15, 2020 10:33 PM

Note, healthy cats spend a lot of time grooming. As your cat nears death, she’ll likely be less willing or even less able to use her valuable energy for grooming. Her fur might become matted and she might develop bald spots. It’s possible you’ll need to help your cat keep herself clean during the final months and weeks of her life.

May 15, 2020 10:35 PM